Friday, February 19, 2010

Friday Fun

So when The Princess and the Frog came out I was super excited to see it! And it was fantastic when I saw it back in January! This week I have really gotten into the music from the movie! It's just so much fun, and great to listen to. Here's a couple of clips from the movie:

(This one's the best =P)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Etsj86d2EIQ





This week I have really been artsy crafty and I have accomplished quite a bit =) So here are some pictures of things I have made/works in progress.



1. I make encaustic art (paintings made of wax onto card.) You do it by getting the card, placing it on a flat surface, then you get your wax and spread it onto a hot iron then place the iron on the card. It's pretty tricky to get the hang of, but it's heaps of fun =) In high school we had an art/craft night and I sold some of these pictures and some hand made cards. It was a good night.

2. All my sewing materials I have at the moment. I love the material. Most of them are carpet samples. I also have a bag of stuffing sitting beside me. =P

3. Some cards I used to sell. I really think handmade cards are better than store bought ones.

4. & 5. Some character designs/doodles in class. Maybe some ideas for my narrative....?

6. Today I took my little abstract creature to class to show my team it is possible to make creatures for our stop-mo. And Frank asked me to make a cat (and Rachel asked me to make an octopus), so I thought I'd give it a go! So here's the WIP for it so far. I love the buttons for his eyes.

7. A while ago a friend of mine made me a calico bag. It started to fall apart but I absolutely love it! So sewed it up and added badges and pockets, and extra beads to it =) Now it is a very styling bag.

My week was very creative, and I managed to blog it =)
Expect more blogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment